This course qualifies you to dive independently with either another rebreather or open circuit diver, to a depth of 18 meters/60 feet and within no decompression limits, and to be able to safely bail out to open circuit at any time.
Knowledge development takes place through independent study and Instructor led prescriptive teaching, practical sessions in unit assembly and dive checks, and the course includes 6 training dives with a minimum time on the unit of 200 minutes and in-water skills cover clearing a flooded loop, monitoring heads-up display (HUD) and electronics, buoyancy and trim, switching to bail out, alternate air source use with another rebreather diver, and deploying a submersible marker buoy.
The PADI Rebreather Diver course goals are:
- Prepare and predive check a Type R rebreather following accepted practices and the specific manufacturer's requirements for the unit.
- Dive with a Type R rebreather demonstrating effective buoyancy control, depth and time management and generally effective application of the dive skills taught in the course, or prerequisite to the course.
- Perform post dive care and maintain a Type R rebreather following accepted practices and specific manufacturer requirements for the unit.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to problems and emergencies that occur during setup, diving or post dive.
Course Time: 3 days
- Certified PADI Open Water Diver
- Certified PADI Enriched Air diver
- +25 logged dives
For all recreational reservations we request a $200 dollar deposit + 6% Paypal fee = $212 (for professional training please contact us for reservations). This partial payment will ensure your accommodation (in a dorm at the Mango Inn), materials and course will be reserved for you when you arrive.
PayPal is one option for paying for your deposit or your entire bill online. For Hondurans, another is to make a deposit at a local Credomatic or Banco Atlantida bank branch within Honduras.
Either way you can pay for your course costs, accommodation and deposit using one of these methods prior to your visit to Utila. Please bear in mind there is an 4% surcharge on credit cards in Honduras.
For packages and some special offers, full payment must be completed prior to the start of the course.Click here to enquire
Email for recreational courses: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email for professional training: email@example.com
Pro Course Packages (with Estimated Living Costs)
|From / To||Divemaster||IDC / EFR Inst.||
IDC / EFRI /
|IDC / EFRI / MSDT / IDC Staff|
6 ½ months
8 ½ - 9 months
|Advanced Open Water||